Office/Department: Technology, Art & Design
Location: Bridgeman Hall 229
Phone: (218) 755-4223
Box #: 34
Dr. Al-Odeh joined Bemidji State University (BSU) College of Business in August 2012. He teaches Operations, Technology, & Project Management courses. Before joining BSU, he had taught at Indiana State University in the Applied Engineering and Technology Management department for two years. He also worked in industry as Broadcasting Quality Improvement Manager and CAD Design Engineer. He is a member of IIE, SME, and ATMAE. Dr. Al-Odeh is certified by the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE) as Senior Technology Manager (CSTM) and Senior Technical Professional (CSTP).
Dr. Al-Odeh has published and presented more than 15 research studies in a national and international organization in areas of Statistical Quality Control, Value Stream Mapping, Lean Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, and Environmental Manufacturing Processes.
Dr. Al-Odeh is a reviewer for several peer-reviewed journals and conferences. He has been invited to judge several professional events including VEX Robotics competitions, Northern Minnesota Regional Science Fair, and Edison Awards competition. Dr. Al-Odeh has served the president of the Distance Learning (DL) division (2012-2015) in the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE). Dr. Al-Odeh is also a Quality Matters Certified Master Reviewer, who had the opportunity to review several online and hybrid courses at national and international levels.
Dr. Al-Odeh received the 2017 Spirit of BSU Award for his effort in encouraging students to participate in the Student Achievement Conference (SAC). Dr. Al-Odeh is always supportive of students’ growth both academically and socially and therefore he works closely with the Beaver Engineering and Design student chapter at BSU as faculty advisor.
As a certified technology manager, a professor, and a researcher, Dr. Al-Odeh works with local industries to help them produce more products and provide more services with less effort and fewer resources. It is his goal to help industries to become more efficient in their day-to-day operations and to move in the desired direction to reach their goals.
- Ph.D.: Technology Management and Manufacturing Systems, Indiana State University (Terre Haute, IN), 2013
- M.S.: Industrial Technology, Indiana State University (Terre Haute, IN), 2010
- M.S.: Computer Information Systems, Arab Academic for Business and Financial Sciences (AABFS) (Jordan), 2007
- B.S.: Computer Information Systems, Al-Hussein Bin Talal University (Jordan), 2006
- TADT 3100 Professional Development
- TADT 3267 Economics and Cost Analysis
- TADT 3700 Operations Planning & Control
- TADT 4873 Emphasis Related Capstone/Engineering Case Study
- TADT 4878 Quality Assurance
- TADT 4910 Supply Chain Management
- TADT 4910 Value Stream Mapping
- TADT 6980 Research