The Information desk is an essential part of the student union operation. Located in the Upper Union, students can get information about campus events, including student programs, musical performances and workshops, as well as learn about room reservations and BSU clubs and organizations. We also provide student guides, student directories and athletic schedules. In addition to general campus information, the Information Desk provides the following services*:
- Letter- and legal-size copies: $0.05 per page
- Letter-size transparencies: $0.25 per page
- Business card size: $0.25
- Letter and legal size: $1 per page.
- Anything larger: $1 per foot.
Scan to E-mail or USB Drive
Student, Faculty & Staff ID Cards
ID cards are done when desk is open. First ID card is free; replacement IDs are $20.
Twenty-eight bulletin boards are available for postings at BSU and one at Northwest Technical College. All postings must be approved in advance by the Hobson Union Information Desk and may not exceed 14″ X 22″. Posters will be displayed for two weeks. Non-BSU related posters are considered personal and also must be approved. Personal posters will be hung on two bulletin boards in the student union that are specifically for personal use. BSU clubs and organizations may also have banners approved for hanging in the lower Lakeside Food Court and in the library tunnel.
BSU posters need:
* Sponsored by (BSU club/group/department)
* “If you need an accommodation for this program/event, please contact the Disability Services Office (Decker Hall 202) at (218) 755-3883. If an interpreter is needed, two weeks’ notice is requested.”
Stamped letters or intra-campus mail only. Mail is brought to the BSU mailroom at 11 am Monday-Friday.
Lost and Found
Items found in the student union and surrounding areas are brought to the Information Desk. Our Lost and Found Policy can be found here.
Free notary service and U.S. postage stamp books for sale (currently $9.80).
*The Hobson Memorial Union no longer accepts cash. We will accept VISA, Mastercard or Discover credit or debit cards only; $1 minimum purchase.