The A. C. Clark Library will continue to provide limited services during the August break, from Saturday, August 1st through Tuesday, August 18th. The library building will continue to be closed through the break, and will re-open for the Fall semester on Wednesday, August 19th. Due to staff availability, chat and email reference assistance will not be staffed during the break.
Fall semester hours are:
8 am – 8:45 pm Monday through Thursday
12 pm – 3:45 pm Saturday
5 pm – 8:45 pm Sunday.
Note that these hours are subject to change as circumstances warrant.
Please note that Delivery Service of requested BSU and Interlibrary Loan (physical) materials will still be available during this time period. Interlibrary Loan requests can be placed, and electronic item requests will be delivered via email, though wait times may be longer than usual. Materials may still be returned to the Library through the book drop, located outside the main entrance.
The Library’s building and service hours for Fall start-up week are as follows:
Aug. 17-18: Closed
August 19-21: 9:00 am to 3:45 pm
August 22-23: Closed
August 24: Library opens for Fall semester hours
Got questions? Specific questions can be addressed to a library staff member. Or leave a message for us through our Ask a Question service, and we will return it when the library reopens for Fall semester.
Due to contract re-negotiations this summer, statewide E-Library Minnesota databases which we provide access to through the Online Resources page will be changing.
Beginning on July 1st, here are new databases that will be available through the library web site:
- Capstone Pebble Go: Animals and Biographies
- Capstone Pebble Go Next: States and Native American Studies
- EBSCO LearningExpress Library Complete (upgrade from LearningExpress Library)
- EBSCO MasterFile Complete (upgrade from MasterFile Premier)
- EBSCO MAS Complete (upgrade from MAS Ultra)
- ProQuest US Newsstream (reduced from ProQuest Global Newsstream)
Furthermore, these current statewide e-resources will NOT be available beginning on July 1st:
- Gale Academic OneFile Select (not renewed)
- Gale OneFile: Educator’s Reference Complete (not renewed)
- Gale OneFile: High School Edition (not renewed)
- Gale OneFile: Informe Académico (not renewed)
- Gale OneFile: Leadership and Management (not renewed)
- Gale OneFile: Science (not renewed)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (not renewed)
- Kids InfoBits (not renewed)
- ProQuest Global Newsstream (reduced to ProQuest US Newsstream)
All other current statewide e-resources from EBSCO, LearningExpress, Britannica, and OCLC, as well as Gale in Context: High School and Gale in Context: Middle School, will continue to be available.
For more info, click here.
Sorry for any inconvenience, and please let us know of any questions.