Special Situations

Name Change

To change your name, you will need to submit the following to the BSU Financial Aid Office:

  • Name Change Form
  • Copy of marriage license or other legal document such as divorce decree
  • Copy of social security card with your new legal name
  • Copy of Photo ID

Change in Marital Status

Getting Married: If you are planning to get married this year, contact the Financial Aid Office for advice about when to submit your FAFSA.

Separation or Divorce:  If you or your parents are experiencing a separation or divorce but filed a joint tax return, contact the Financial Aid Office to discuss your options.

Financial Hardship

If you (independent student) or your parents (dependent student) have experienced a financial hardship since filing your income tax returns, contact the Financial Aid Office for assistance.  Financial hardship may include unemployment, retirement, severance, marital status change or a death in the family.