The mission of our strategic plan for diversity, equity and inclusion is to foster a safe, welcoming, and inclusive campus and community culture that respects difference and ensures equitable opportunities for every person. Through strategic priorities and action objectives, we address issues concerning Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Anti-racism plus (DEIA+) matters in our institution. For data concerning the status of the plan, refer to our Data and Reports webpage.
- Foster an equitable, safe and respectful campus and community culture for every person who learns, teaches, works and visits our campus.
- Promote the value of a demographically diverse and inclusive student body and workforce.
- Promote opportunities for students and employees to increase their knowledge and understanding of Indigenous People’s past and present experiences and ways of knowing.
- Support the presence of diversity and equity in academic curriculum and classroom conversations.
- Encourage partnerships and collaborations among campus departments, teams and efforts focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Strategic Plan for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion 2019 – 2024