Injuries to any BSU/NTC employee, student, or visitor to the campus need to be reported to the appropriate office as soon as possible. The reporting procedures are as follows:
- CALL 9-911 IMMEDIATELY FOR LIFE THREATENING OR SERIOUS INJURIES.
- DO NOT DELAY SEEKING EMERGENCY MEDICAL ATTENTION IN ORDER TO REPORT AN INJURY OR COMPLETE FORMS.
Non-Employees – Students, Visitors
- Report the injury to BSU Public Safety, 218/755-3888, as soon as possible.
- Complete the Non-Employee Injury Report Form.
- Submit the completed form to:
BSU Business Services
Deputy 201, #5
Phone: (218) 755-2052
Fax: (218) 755-2160
Employees – Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Staff, Student Employees, Graduate Assistants
- Report work related injuries or illnesses to your dean or supervisor as soon as possible. If your supervisor is not available, contact the Human Resources Office at (218) 755-3966 or Environmental & Health Safety at (218) 755-2545.
- Assist your supervisor in the prompt and accurate completion of reporting forms required for the Workers’ Compensation program.
- More detailed information about the Workers’ Compensation program is available at the BSU Environmental Health & Safety web site.
- Download the Supervisor’s Injury/Illness/Incident Reporting & Workers’ Compensation Checklist
- Complete all the items listed in the Supervisor’s Checklist.
- Submit the forms to the BSU Human Resources Office as soon as possible, but no later than three days after being informed of an employee’s work related injury.