#BeaverFamily Feature: Amanda “Mandy” Chesley

BSU is committed to creating a university culture in which diversity is embraced and all people are safe, welcome, and validated – as committed to in the Bemidji State University Strategic Plan. The #BeaverFamily campaign was created to welcome and introduce our new faculty and staff, along with highlighting current employee’s.

Amanda “Mandy” Chesley

Assistant Director of Accreditation and Assessment – Licensing Certification Officer
Start Date: July 7, 2021

Q: Where are you from?

St. Cloud, MN.

Q: Why did you choose BSU?

I came to BSU originally in 2011 to complete my undergrad in Business Management and Entrepreneurship. I loved the small-town feel of Bemidji, the lake, and all the hiking opportunities in the area. I met my husband during my final semester and decided to stay in Bemidji after graduation. I was so excited to have the opportunity to come back to BSU!

Q: What do you like to do in your spare time?

I love outdoor activities such as hiking, spending the day on the lake, and fishing. I also like to read, knit, spend time with my family, and travel. My favorite travel spot so far has been Florence, Italy, which I traveled to as part of the Eurospring program at BSU.

Q: Where is your favorite place to eat in Bemidji?

My favorite place to eat in Bemidji is New China. They have the best General Tso’s chicken and eggrolls!

Q: Who is your favorite sports team?

I love to watch the BSU Men’s Hockey team. I started going to BSU hockey games as a student and have continued to attend every year. It’s one of my favorite winter activities!

Welcome to the #BeaverFamily, Mandy. We’re so excited you chose to join us at Bemidji State University!