Pre-tax benefits, also known as Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), allow an employee to pay for certain expenses with money that is deducted from pay before it is taxed. This allows a substantial tax savings by paying your health and dental plan premiums, eligible dependent care, medical, dental, and transportation expenses with pre-tax dollars. 121 Benefits is the administrator for the state’s pre-tax benefits.
- Health and Dental Premium Expense Account (HDPA): As an employee on payroll, the Health and Dental Premium Account (HDPA) allows you to pay your share of MN Advantage Health Plan and State Dental Plan or State of Minnesota HealthPartners Dental Plan premiums for yourself and your qualified dependents with pre-tax dollars.
- Dependent Care Expense Account (DCEA): This allows the employee to pay for certain dependent care expenses, such as child care, with pre-tax dollars.
- Medical/Dental Expense Account (MDEA): This allows the employee to pay for certain unreimbursed medical and dental expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Transit Expense Account (TEA): The plan allows the employee to pay for qualified transportation expenses with money that is sheltered pre-tax.
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA): The Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) allows an employee to be reimbursed for medical, dental, and vision expenses that are not paid by insurance.
- Health Care Savings Plan (HCSP)
- Carrier: 121 Benefits, Phone: 612.877.4321, Toll-free: 800.300.1672