Skip Navigation

Starting Your New Position at Bemidji State University!

Congratulations! Now that you have received confirmation that you have been hired, what should you do?

Below you will find procedures and information to make you feel a part of the University family!

Prior to your first day

If you are hired as adjunct faculty, you should receive a packet containing employment documents. This packet contains instructions regarding your employment paperwork. Read and follow all instructions and return appropriate documents as indicated in your packet.

All other employees will make an appointment with Human Resources to complete appropriate documents within three days of employment.

Only after your employment documents have been received...

and entered into the payroll system can you begin receiving your earnings and obtain your picture ID card from the student union desk at Hobson Memorial. To find out if your documents have been processed call  Human Resources at 218-755-3966.

Other odds and ends

Prove you can legally work in the USA

Within 3 days of your start date, go to Human Resources, located on the third floor of Deputy Hall, and provide the necessary proof of your eligibility for employment in the US. Note: the best form of identification to bring with you is your passport or driver's license and social security card. International faculty or employees contact Human Resources for assistance at 218-755-3966.

Obtain a Parking Permit

To apply for a parking permit call 218-755-2045 Cashier's Office.

Get an ID card

Obtain your university ID card at the Hobson Union Information Desk. You will need your BSU Tech ID and your driver's license with you to verify your identification.

Access email and university computer systems

To obtain access to email and university computer systems, visit Information Technology Services.

Eligibility for Benefits

You will be informed if you are eligible for benefits. If you are unsure about benefit eligibility, contact Human Resources at 755-3966.

You can read more about the benefits that are available under your current contract.

Obtain Keys

Obtain building keys by getting a key authorization form from your dean or unit director and take the form to Physical Plant, located on the third floor of Deputy, 218-755-3988.

Self Service Web Site

The Employee Self Service Web Site allows you to view/print your pay stub, change your home address, enroll in insurance benefits (if eligible), as well as access other payroll functions. You will receive a letter of explanation along with your User ID and password in the mail, after your employment has been documented in the personnel and payroll systems. Check out the following links to familiarize yourself with the Employee Self Service web site and its functions.

Previous state employees already have a User ID and password. If you are unfamiliar with using the self service web site you may wish to review the introduction page listed above. You will continue to use the self service web site throughout your employment at Bemidji State University or Northwest Technical College to update your home address, direct deposit, benefits, and various other functions.

Setting up Direct Deposit

To set up direct deposit as an employee,  you will enter the information on the Employee Self-Service website.