Activating StarID for International Students
How to Activate StarID without a Social Security Number:
1. Go to https://starid.minnstate.edu/
2. At the top, click on StarID Self Service.
3. Click on Activate StarID.
4. You will arrive at a page with these options.
5. In the Students section, click on Personal Email Address.
6. Enter your email address and a verification code will be emailed to you. The email address you enter must be the one that you used when registering for BSU/NTC or your BSU/NTC student email account.
7. Check your email for the verification code and enter it in the box shown below.
- If you get an error “We cannot verify the email address that you have entered (Error Code: IAM-G007)” it means that the email address you entered is not one that MinnState has on file. If this happens contact the MinnState helpdesk at 1-877-466-6728
8. It will display your StarID in yellow at the top of the page and will let you enter a password.