Backing up Contact Groups (Contact Lists) in Outlook 2016 (Windows)
Contact Groups (aka Contact Lists, Distribution Lists) don’t back up automatically when you try to export your contacts.
Follow these instructions to locate, export, and import your Contact Groups from and to Outlook 2016.
Backing up your Contact Groups.
- Go to the People tab in the lower left corner of Outlook
- Select the Contact Group you’d like to backup.
Note: An individual contact shows up as a single person, while a Contact Group shows as a group of people.
To select consecutive contact lists: click on the first one -> hold shift -> click on the last one
To select non-consecutive contact lists: click on one -> hold ctrl -> click on the next one
- In the Share Group of the Home ribbon, click Forward Contact, then select As an Outlook Contact
- Send the email with the contact lists attached to yourself
Importing your Contact Groups.
- Open the email with the contact list attachments in its own window
- Go to the people tab in the lower left corner of Outlook
- Click and drag the saved contact list attachment(s) back into your Outlook contact list
Rate This Article
Helpful 32 people found this article helpful.
Related ArticlesMulti-Factor Authentication (MFA) for Office 365
BSU/NTC account information – what do I use to sign in?
Stop syncing a folder in OneDrive
Syncing Teams files to your local computer