Bangsberg 207: smart room instructions
Bangsberg 207 is a smart classroom that seats 30 people and is equipped with a projector, sound system, document camera, and DVD/VCR player.
Connecting a laptop
- Turn on the projector with the Eiki remote. Press Input 1 on the remote.
- Connect the VGA cable that extends from the top of the media cabinet to the monitor port on the laptop. An adapter may be necessary if the laptop does not have a VGA monitor port. All MacBook models will require an adapter.
- Press the Laptop button on the Extron switcher inside the media cabinet.
- Turn on the amplifier inside the cabinet and connect the audio cable to the headphone jack on the laptop if you wish to use the sound system in the room.
- Power up the laptop. If the laptop display is not shown, configure the laptop to send output to a second display.
Using the DVD/VCR player
- Turn on the projector with the Eiki remote.
- Press the Input 2 button the projector remote to display the DVD/VCR.
- Turn on the DVD/VCR player inside the media cabinet.
- Turn on the amplifier.
- Insert the DVD or VHS tape you wish to play, and press Play on the front of the DVD/VCR or the remote.
Using the document camera
- Turn on the projector using the Eiki remote control. Press Input 1 on the remote.
- Turn on the document camera.
- Press the Doc Cam button on the Extron switcher inside the media cabinet.
- Place the document or item to be shown on the bed of the document camera.
- Use the Zoom buttons on the document camera to zoom in and out on the items displayed.
Turn off System
- Press the Stand-By button on the remote to turn off the projector. The screen will display Power off?. Press the Stand-By button again to confirm. The fan on the projector will continue to run for a minute or so to cool the projector.
- Turn off the amplifier if you used it.
- Lock the media cabinet with the remotes inside.
If the laptop does not show on the screen, press the Input 1 button until PC Analog shows in the top left corner of the screen.
Please see our KB articles for tutorials on using the document camera.