Changing Your StarID Preferred Email Address
What Does Your Preferred Email Address Do?
When you first establish your StarID, you are asked to provide an email address to complete the setup. This becomes your primary communication email for all things related to StarID. This email can be different than the email you use at your institution. Your preferred email address is also used with some services that use StarID for login. This could include a help desk ticketing systems, or secure file sharing service, etc.
- You will receive a notification at your preferred email about your StarID password expiring 21, 7, and 1 day(s) before your StarID password expires
- You will have the ability to use your preferred email, or any email on file to reset your StarID password using the verification code reset method
Changing Your Preferred Email Address
- Navigate to https://starid.minnstate.edu/
- Click sign into profile
- Sign in using your StarID
- Under the StarID Notification Email (Preferred) section, you can view your current preferred email or select a new one
If you do not see the email you want as your preferred email in the available list, contact the records office to have it added. They can either be contacted at email@example.com or 218-755-2020.