D2L Brightspace: Assignments with Student Feedback
Assignments: Student Feedback
You can give feedback to students by using the Assignments tool, instead of using email. In this tutorial you will:
- Set up folders
- Evaluate student work
- Verify and edit evaluations
This article is available in PDF format.
There is also a helpful tutorial video available for this article.
Set Up Folders and Enter Feedback
- Go to Assessments on the navbar, click on Assignments.
- Click New Submission Folder on the top of the page.
- Enter a Name for your Folder in the Properties tab (i.e. Assignment 1).
NOTE: Use only letters and numbers for folder titles. Do not use characters, such as the period (.) or pound sign (#).
- Click Save and Close.
View Submissions to the Folder
Click the name of the folder to View Submissions.
NOTE: By default, you will only see the students who have submitted a file. If you want to see all students, click the drop down arrow in the Submissions box, click Show everyone, and then click the Magnifying Glass above, in the Search For… box.
Evaluate Students’ Work
- Scroll down to the student you want to evaluate, i.e., BSU, Trainee2.
- Click the Evaluate link to the right of the student’s name.
- On the left side of the page, click on the student’s file to view it. You can also download the file by clicking the arrow next to the filename and selecting download.
- Complete your evaluation:
- If you have attached a Rubric to the assignment, click on Associate Rubric to evaluate the student’s work according to this tool.
- Scroll down to the Feedback area, and enter comments for the student in the text area.
- Click Add a File, if desired, and select a file to upload.
- Click Publish at the bottom when you are finished evaluating.
- Scroll to the top of the Evaluation page.
- Click Next Student at the top of the page to continue evaluating.
Verify and Edit your Evaluations
- Go to Assessments on the navbar. Click Assignments.
- Scroll to the desired Assignments Folder. Click View Submissions.
- View the student table below to verify. Completed Evaluations are shown as Published.
- Click the Published link to edit the evaluation.
- Make your edits in the Feedback box.
- Delete the added file by clicking X to the right of the file name.
- Click Update when your changes are complete.
Rate This Article
Helpful 1 person found this article helpful.
Related ArticlesDownloading files from MediaSpace
Add MediaSpace Video to D2L Using Existing Activities