Default Print Settings to Grayscale, Mac OS X: Apple Safari
How to set up grayscale printing options
on your Macintosh computer using Apple Safari:
1. In your web browser, select File
2. Near the bottom of the print window, click on Show
3. If you’ve already created
a printer preset, you can select it from the Preset drop-down menu by
clicking on Default Settings (red box).
If necessary, you can create
a new printer preset by clicking on Safari
and selecting Color/Quality
from the drop-down menu (green box).
4. More options will appear.
Unless your department uses different settings specifically, use these
settings listed below:
- Resolution Enhancement: Off
- If print jobs
(particularly text) come out blurry, try using Light
or even Medium.
- If print jobs
- Printer Resolution: 600
- Levels of Gray: Enhanced
- EconoMode: Save
5. You can now save these settings as a preset.
Click on the Color / Quality
button and reselect Copies
6. Now click on the drop-down menu next to
Presets and select Save Current Settings as Preset…
7. Create a name for the preset settings; such as, “Standard_Settings.”
on the All Printers button to make this
preset available to all printers connected to your computer. Hit
9. You should see the name of your preset settings listed under the Presets
10. Click Print, to
print using your preset settings.
Rate This Article
Helpful 3 people found this article helpful.
Related ArticlesCard Reader and Print Release Instructions
How to properly clean and disinfect IT equipment
Set default color to black and white on a Toshiba MFD – Windows 10
Delete a Profile in Outlook (Mac OS X)