How to log into Skype for Business for the first time
Skype for Business is BSU’s and NTC’s officially supported chat and audio/video conferencing tool.
To get started using Skype for Business you first need to get logged in which can cause some confusion on what information to put where so here are some instructions to guide you through the process.
- Enter the Sign-In address of your email address with <FirstinitialLastname>@bemidjistate.edu (faculty and staff), or <Firstname.Lastname>@live.bemidjistate.edu (students) and click Sign In.
- Enter your password and click Sign In.
3. You will receive an error message “Can’t sign in to Skype for Business” click OK to that message
- Enter the following information in
- Sign-in address: <FirstinitialLastname>@bemidjistate.edu (faculty and staff), or <Firstname.Lastname>@live.bemidjistate.edu (students)
- Username: <StarID>@bemidjistate.edu (faculty and staff), or <StarID>@live.bemidjistate.edu (students)
- Password: Enter your StarID password
- There maybe times that you have entered the incorrect Sign-In address the first time you tried to log in and then it doesn’t allow you to change it, here is how to change that information: If you need to change the Sign-in address listed on the login box but it doesn’t allow you to type in that field you need to click on the gear icon in the top right corner and select Tools and Options.
- Click on Personal and under My account change the Sign-in address here.
Rate This Article
Helpful 2 people found this article helpful.
Related ArticlesConfiguring multi-factor authentication in Office 365
Schedule a Skype for Business meeting from Outlook 2016 (Windows)
Create a new Calendar in Outlook
Publish an Outlook Calendar