How to log into Skype for Business (Windows desktop client)
Skype for Business is BSU’s and NTC’s officially supported chat and audio/video conferencing tool.
Here’s how to find and get logged in to the Skype for Business client. If you don’t have the Skype for Business client, you can download it from the Office 365 install software page.
- To find Skype for Business, click the Windows start button and start typing “Skype for Business“. You will see the app appear in the search results.
- Enter the Sign-In address. This is your official BSU or NTC email address.
<firstname.lastname>@bemidjistate.edu or @ntcmn.edu (employees) and
<firstname.lastname>@live.bemidjistate.edu or @live.ntcmn.edu (students).
Click Sign In.
- This next screen will ask you for a password. Don’t enter it here. Instead, click the Sign in with another account link.
- From the Pick an account screen, please select the option that lists your Minnstate.edu credentials.
- If you do not see your previously used account here, select Use another account, and complete the sign-in with your Minnstate.edu credentials. For students, it will be <starID>@go.minnstate.edu. For employees its <starID>minnstate.edu. Click Next.
- Enter your StarID password. Click Sign in.
- You are now signed in to the desktop client.
Rate This Article
Helpful 17 people found this article helpful.
Related ArticlesMulti-Factor Authentication (MFA) for Office 365
BSU/NTC account information – what do I use to sign in?
Stop syncing a folder in OneDrive
Syncing Teams files to your local computer