Import Bookmarks into Firefox from an HTML file
Restoring an HTML backup of saved bookmarks is easy.
This article assumes that you have already created an HTML back up file, and now need to import it back into Firefox.
Preparing: Make a backup.
Before proceeding, you should make a backup of your current bookmarks.
- Open the Bookmarks Library window (explained below), then
- Select Import and Backup and choose Export Bookmarks to HTML…
- Save the file to a location that you will remember.
- This will create an HTML Firefox bookmark backup file.
Importing the file.
- Click the Bookmarks button
- Select Show All Bookmarks to see the Library window.
- Click Import and Backup button
- Choose Import Bookmarks from HTML…
- Navigate to the bookmarks HTML file you are importing and select the file.
- Click the Open button. The Import Bookmarks File window will close.
- Close the Library window.
The bookmarks in the selected HTML file will be added to your Firefox bookmarks.
Rate This Article
Helpful 5 people found this article helpful.
Related ArticlesExport & Import Chrome bookmarks to an HTML file
Import and Export Bookmarks for Safari
Import and Export Bookmarks in Internet Explorer (IE)