Install the latest version of OneDrive on your Mac or Windows computer
Microsoft will automatically update the OneDrive app as part of Office 365 updates. If you are running a different version of Office (2016), you’ll need to manually update your OneDrive client.
You can tell you have the latest version of OneDrive if you see “OneDrive – MNSCU” listed as the OneDrive folder name in Windows File explorer or Mac Finder.
If you don’t see “OneDrive – MNSCU” listed, you should update your OneDrive client. Here’s how:
- Open your web browser and go to https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-US/download/
- Windows users, click the Click here to download link to begin the download.
- Mac users, click the Download button to begin the download:
- Locate the downloaded file and run it (install).
- After the file has installed, you will need to log in to OneDrive. On a Windows machine, look for the gray clouds icon near the clock; on a Mac, look at the menu bar.
- Click the gray clouds, then sign in to OneDrive with your MinnState.edu credentials.
Employees: [StarID]@minnstate.edu and your StarID password
Students: [StarID]@go.minnstate.edu and your StarID password
Once you log in to OneDrive, these icons will turn blue, indicating you are signed in.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the OneDrive setup.
Once you are signed in, anything you place in the OneDrive – MNSCU folder will be synchronized with the OneDrive cloud service. Faculty and staff should use the OneDrive – MNSCU folder as their primary save location. When receiving a new or “loaner” computer, you will only need to sign in to the OneDrive service to access all of your documents.