North Conference Room (HMU): smart room instructions
North Conference Room is a technology equipped conference room that seats 36 people and is equipped with a projector and sound system.
Connecting a laptop
- Turn on the projector by pressing the Laptop button on the touch screen.
- Connect the HDMI or VGA cable that extends from the wall plate to the monitor port on the laptop. An adapter may be necessary if the laptop does not have a VGA or HDMI monitor port.
- Connect the audio cable to the headphone jack on the laptop if you are using VGA and wish to use the sound system in the room. The HDMI cable carries both audio and video, so only that cable needs to be connected if using HDMI.
- Connect the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on your laptop if you need to connect to the campus network or the Internet with a wired connection.
- Power up the laptop. You should see the laptop screen projected. If the laptop display is not shown, configure the laptop to send output to a second display.
- A Blu-ray DVD player or a document camera can be brought to the room if needed. Please request the use of this equipment when you reserve the room.
Turn off system
- Press the shutdown button on the touch screen to turn off the projector. The fan on the projector will continue to run for a minute or so to cool the projector.