Sattgast 367: smart room instructions
Sattgast 367 is a smart classroom and lab that seats 38 people and is equipped with a projector, sound system, document camera, and DVD/VCR player.
Connecting a laptop
- Turn on the projector with the Eiki remote. Press the Computer 1 button to display the laptop output if it does not show on the screen.
- Connect the VGA cable that extends from the top of the media cabinet to the monitor port on the laptop. An adapter may be necessary if the laptop does not have a VGA monitor port. (Mac computers)
- Connect the audio cable to the headphone jack on the laptop if you wish to use the sound system in the room.
- Connect the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on your laptop if you need to connect to the campus network or the Internet.
- Press the Laptop button on the Extron switcher inside the media cabinet.
- Turn on the amplifier if you are using the sound system.
- Power up the laptop. You should see the laptop screen projected. If the laptop display is not shown, configure the laptop to send output to a second display. The resolution should be a maximum of 1024×768.
Using the DVD/VCR player
- Turn on the projector with the Eiki remote. Press the Video button on the projector remote to display the DVD/VCR.
- Turn on the DVD/VCR player inside the media cabinet.
- Turn on the amplifier.
- Insert the DVD or VHS tape you wish to play, and press Start on either the Panasonic remote or the front of the DVD/VCR player.
Using the document camera
- Turn on the projector using the Eiki remote control. Press the Computer 1 button on the projector remote to display the document camera.
- Turn on the document camera.
- Press the Doc Cam button on the switcher inside the media cabinet.
- Place the document or item to be shown on the bed of the document camera.
- Use the Zoom buttons on the document camera to zoom in and out on the items displayed.
Turn off system
- Press the red power button on the Eiki remote to turn off the projector. The screen will display ‘Power off?.’ Press the power button again to confirm that you want turn off the projector. The fan on the projector will continue to run for a minute or so to cool the projector.
- Turn the microphone receiver power switches to off.
- Turn off the amplifier if you used it and lock the media cabinet with the remotes inside.