Using Hyflex Classrooms
We have a variety of classrooms that can be used for HyFlex courses.
AIRC 128, BE 115, BE 413, DH 113, HS 116, HS 213, HS 214, M 230, M 240, PE 240, S 208, S 331
- Use the USB cable with the yellow tag labeled Zoom/Camera/Mic Connection to connect the room camera and microphones to your laptop.
- Launch Zoom or your desired videoconferencing or lecture capture software and select EasyIP Decoder for the camera and Echo Cancelling Speakerphone (EasyIP Decoder) for the microphone. In Zoom click on the ^ symbol next to the camera and microphone icons to change the selected camera and microphone. If you use the lapel or handheld microphone, they will also be sent over the videoconference connection.
- Press the Camera button on the touch panel to access the camera control screen. Use the arrow keys and the Zoom In or Zoom Out buttons on the touch panel to position the camera as desired.
- Press the Mics button on the touch panel if you need to adjust the microphone levels.
AIRC 103 (GATHERING PLACE), BN 100, BG 303, M 300
Zoom Rooms have computers already connected to the room mic and cameras running Zoom software that is controlled by a touch panel. If you need to use software other than Zoom in a Zoom Room, please contact the Help Desk in advance to schedule assistance. Zoom documentation on using Zoom Rooms is available at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/200787849-Attendee-Features.
- Use the iPad with the Zoom controller software to control the meeting. Press the Join button on the left sidebar and enter the meeting ID of the meeting to join.
- If the meeting is not already scheduled, you can start an instant meeting. Press Meet Now in the left sidebar. Use the search bar to find a user to invite. Press Meet Now to start the meeting.
- If you have content on your laptop you would like to share, visit https://share.zoom.us and enter the meeting ID when prompted.
AIRC 127, BN 301
AIRC 127 and Bridgeman 301 are configured for room to room connections to ITV classrooms at other institutions. Zoom meetings can also be connected to an ITV classroom. Please contact Classroom Technology Services at ext. 2759 if you would like to use an ITV connection or Zoom connection in either of these classrooms, since these connections must be scheduled through the Northwest Educational Technology System (NETS).