Wireless Configuration Instructions for Personal Devices, Windows 7
How to connect your personal Windows 7 device to the BSU or NTC wifi network:
2. Under Network and Internet click Network and Sharing Center.
3. Click on Set up a new Connection or Network.
4. Click Manually Connect to a wireless network and click Next.
5. Enter the Network name: BSU or NTC and Security type: WPA2 – Enterprise and Encryption type: AES. Leave Start this connection automatically checked and click Next.
6. At the Successfully added BSU or NTC dialog box click on Change connection settings.
7. Click on the Security tab.
8. About half way down the screen under Choose a network authentication method: confirm it is Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP) and click on Settings.
9. Leave Validate Server Certificate checked.
10. The Select Authentication Method must be: Secured Password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
11. Click on Configure and uncheck the box for Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) and click OK and click OK again, to get back to the BSU or NTC Wireless Network Properties dialog box on the Security tab.
12. Click on Advanced settings and check Specify authentication mode: and select User Authentication. Click Save credentials and enter your StarID credentials and click OK.
– StarID@live.bemidjistate.edu (for BSU students) and StarID@bemidjistate.edu (for BSU faculty and staff)
– StarID@live.ntcmn.edu (for NTC students) and StarID@ntcmn.edu (for NTC faculty and staff)
13. Click OK out of the BSU or NTC Wireless Network Properties dialog box.
14. BSU or NTC will automatically connect.
15. If you receive a notification box, click Connect to connect to BSU or NTC wireless.
Note: Support for Windows 7 is set to expire in January 2020. Please upgrade your computer to a supported version of Windows to continue receiving security updates. More info can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet
Rate This Article
Helpful 2 people found this article helpful.
Related ArticlesConnecting to BSU/NTC VPN from a Windows 10 staff or faculty computer
Setting BSU or NTC as the default institution in Outlook address book
Use the Address Book to find contacts in Outlook desktop client.
What is Internet Guardian?