Wireless Configuration Instructions for Personal Devices, Windows 8
How to connect your personal Windows 8 device to the BSU or NTC wifi network:
1. Click on Networks to view list of available network connections.
2. Click on BSU or NTC, check Connect automatically, then click Connect.
3. Enter your StarID login credentials and click OK.
– StarID@live.bemidjistate.edu (for BSU students) and StarID@bemidjistate.edu (for BSU faculty and staff)
– StarID@live.ntcmn.edu (for NTC students) and StarID@ntcmn.edu (for NTC faculty and staff)
If your Windows 8 laptop unexpectedly or frequently drops from BSU or NTC network, follow the advanced configuration steps by outlined in this KB article.
Note: Support for Windows 8 is set to expire in January 2023. Please upgrade your computer to a supported version of Windows to continue receiving security updates. More info can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet
Rate This Article
Helpful 1 person found this article helpful.
Related ArticlesConnecting to BSU/NTC VPN from a Windows 10 staff or faculty computer
Setting BSU or NTC as the default institution in Outlook address book
Use the Address Book to find contacts in Outlook desktop client.
What is Internet Guardian?