The following committees fall under the direction of the Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dr. Allen Bedford.
Academic Assessment Committee
The Academic Assessment Committee plans facilitates and evaluates Academic Affairs assessment efforts and HLC accreditation activities.
Chair 2020-2021: Dr. Randy Westhoff
Center for Extended Learning Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Center for Extended Learning Advisory Committee is:
- To make recommendations to CEL regarding distance learning policies and practices.
- Assist CEL with addressing academic technology and support needs of faculty, staff and students engaged in online/distance learning activities.
- Provide a forum which will assist CEL in supporting the University academic mission and master academic plan.
- Establish a formal communicating link between CEL and the IFO.
- Offer suggestions and ideas to improve CEL support services for faculty, staff and administration library user experience.
Chair 2020-2021: Lynn Johnson
The Dean’s Council integrates efforts by all administrators within academic and student affairs to address common items of interest in providing leadership and management of all colleges and units at BSU.
Chair 2020-2021: Dr. Allen Bedford
Environmental Advisory Committee
The fundamental purpose continues as articulated by the late Dr. Les Duly. The need to address these concerns on a long-term, sustained basis is reflected in the conversion of the task force into a more permanent standing committee. The Environmental Advisory Committee will assist the university in meeting its goals as stated in the Environmental Policy Statement, drafted 6-12-97.
Chair 2020-2021: Erika Bailey-Johnson
Graduate Studies Committee
The purpose of the Graduate Studies Committee is to:
1. Recommend all policies and procedures for the administration of graduate studies.
2. To act as the graduate curriculum committee, overseeing with exclusive committee authority all changes in the graduate curriculum, including all graduate courses, workshops, institutes, and so forth.
Chair 2020-2021: Dr. Andrew Hafs
Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC)
The purpose of SAFAC is to contribute to the intellectual, social, cultural, and economic development of society and provide opportunities for creative expression and personal development of all its students. All recognized BSU student organizations have the opportunity to apply for Student Activity Fee money. If the student organization is open to all students and is planning an event, program or service which is also open to all students, organizations are encouraged to apply for funding from SAFAC.
Student Chair 2020-2021: Ashley Martin Advisor 2020-2021: Nina Johnson