The following committees fall under the direction of the Provost & Vice President for Academic & Student Affairs, Dr. Tony Peffer.
Academic Assessment Committee
The Academic Assessment Committee plans facilitates and evaluates Academic & Student Affairs assessment efforts and HLC accreditation activities.
Chairs: Dr. Allen Bedford and Deb Peterson
Center for Extended Learning Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Center for Extended Learning Advisory Committee is:
- To make recommendations to CEL regarding distance learning policies and practices.
- Assist CEL with addressing academic technology and support needs of faculty, staff and students engaged in online/distance learning activities.
- Provide a forum which will assist CEL in supporting the University academic mission and master academic plan.
- Establish a formal communicating link between CEL and the IFO.
- Offer suggestions and ideas to improve CEL support services for faculty, staff and administration library user experience.
Chair: Lynn Johnson
Council on Student Success
The Council on Student Success integrates efforts by administrators, chairs, and directors of academic and student affairs at BSU to address common concerns and needs in serving students and promoting their success.
Chair: Dr. Allen Bedford
The Dean’s Council integrates efforts by all administrators within academic and student affairs to address common items of interest in providing leadership and management of all colleges and units at BSU and NTC.
Chair: Dr. Tony Peffer
Graduate Studies Committee
The purpose of the Graduate Studies Committee is to:
1. Recommend all policies and procedures for the administration of graduate studies.
2. To act as the graduate curriculum committee, overseeing with exclusive committee authority all changes in the graduate curriculum, including all graduate courses, workshops, institutes, and so forth.
Chair: Dr. Richard Koch
Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC)
The purpose of SAFAC is to contribute to the intellectual, social, cultural, and economic development of society and provide opportunities for creative expression and personal development of all its students. All recognized BSU student organizations have the opportunity to apply for Student Activity Fee money. If the student organization is open to all students and is planning an event, program or service which is also open to all students, organizations are encouraged to apply for funding from SAFAC.
Chair: Corey Stockman