The United Way
Thanks to a donation from Anderson Fabrics, The United Way has fabric and patterns, but they need help sewing adult and children’s face masks. Masks will be donated to area shelters, ISD #31 and other local agencies.
- (218) 444-8929; Annie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step Up to SIT: As capacity limitations are set with childcare options re-opening, The United Way of Bemidji Area and Greater Bemidji have teamed up to offer an alternative option for families in need of child-care. Step Up to SIT is a website that matches babysitters with parents in need of child-care during the COVID-19 pandemic. This program helps to match individual babysitters to one single family, which limits potential transmission and allows workers to continue to do their jobs. The program is currently recruiting babysitters and registering families who need childcare. In order to participate, interested babysitters or parents can sign up at https://www.stepuptosit.com/signup.
Village of Hope
DVDs, coloring books, activity pads, cleaning and sanitizing products.
- (218) 751-0722; 525 Mississippi Ave NW, Bemidji, MN 56601
Additional volunteers to staff homeless alternative housing.
- Website; 701 Minnesota Ave NW, Bemidji, MN 56601
Beltrami COVID-19 Response/Recovery Team needs health care and behavioral health professionals.
- Visit Minnesota Responds and register here
- For more information click FAQs or contact: BeltramiCOVID19@gmail.com
The Wolfe Center
- 218-766-0383; 522 America Avenue Northwest, Bemidji, MN 56601
Respite care, transportation and shopping assistance, etc.
- (218) 333–8264; email@example.com; 616 America Ave. Suite 170, Bemidji, MN
Volunteers are needed at the following organizations:
- Bemidji Community Food Shelf
- North Country Food Bank
- Churches United
- Community Table
- Nameless Coalition for the Homeless
- Backpack Buddies Food Pack Program
- Ruby’s Pantry
Please call United Way at (218) 444-8929 for more information