TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Form Strategic Planning Committee
- Conduct Community Listening Sessions in 6 major sectors
- Review previous strategic plan and determine what was accomplished and what items remain priorities that are in progress
Review Mission and Vision: The mission and vision will not be revised as a first step, but, rather, consideration for any revisions will be made toward the end of the planning process, if necessary.
- Organize Strategic Planning Process to campus constituencies
- Organize for Town Hall Meetings
- Town Hall Meetings
- Analyze feedback from Town Hall Meetings and Listening Sessions
- Develop goal theme statements
- Identify limited set of major goal themes
- Assign goal statement development to sub-groups
- Sub-groups refine goal statements making them SMART
- Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
- Measurable (meaningful, motivating).
- Achievable (agreed, attainable).
- Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based).
- Timely (implemented with a sense of urgency)
- Sub-groups identify key activities to achieve goal statements
- Sub-groups propose assessment criteria for goal statements
- Strategic Planning Committee reconvenes to review, revise, and ratify goal statements
- Strategic Planning Committee aligns goals with mission, vision and values
- Sub-groups develop action plans for key activities
- Strategic Planning Committee seeks institution-wide feedback on priorities and goals through campus feedback sessions and meetings with all campus departments
- Revise priorities and goals as needed
- Establish year 1 action steps
- Present strategic plan with 1st year action steps to the campus community
January 2018: Begin implementation of the Strategic Plan