If you attend and/or have attended any of the events listed here, you may count them as time toward your Diversity Certificate.
Events that count toward your Diversity Certificate include:
- Honors Lecture – “Culturally Responsive Undergraduate Science Education: A Model for Equitable Science Teaching in Academic Biology,” Dr. Hillary Barron on September 28, 2022.
- “Sweetgrass Method: Culturally Responsive Approaches for Educators,” Dr. Mark Standing Eagle Baez on October 24, 2022.
- “Who Needs Diversity?” Dr. Rucha Ambikar on October 26, 2022.
- Honors Lecture – “Callous Cruelty and Blow Back: ICE Facilities, Riskscapes and Community Transmission of COVID-19,” Dr. Michael Lengefeld on November 1, 2022.
- “Conscious Culture: Clinical Psychology in Private Practice,” Dr. Anita Mihecoby on November 7, 2022.
- “Native Women Visibility in Contemporary and Historical Perspectives,” Amber Midthunder and Sarah Winnemucca, November 10, 2022.
- “Bemidji – Treaties, Strategies, and Traditionalism,” Dr. Dennis Fisher on November 29, 2022.
- “Louis Armstrong & Beethoven: Application and Demystification of Critical Race Theory,” Three experts in Critical Race Theory on December 8, 2022.
- Bemidji State University Title IX Panel, speakers Britt Lauritsen, Kristen McRae, Emma Terres-Sobieck, and Abbie Disbrow, on February 1, 2023.
More events will be listed soon…