Example Teaching Associate Models
Missing the ID attribute.
- The lecture TA – Attend class. Develop lecture activities. Help with group work. Hold office hours. Lecture with supervision.
- The discussion TA – Meet with students in break-out sessions. Develop and conduct exercises. Lead discussions. Answer questions. Motivate. Review.
- The practical TA – Assist during application-based activities. Deliver reviews at the start of class. Tutor students upon request.
- The lab TA – Teach basic methods and instrument use. Answer questions. Watch for problems. Help students keep pace.
- The tech TA – Help students stay on task. Clear hurdles related to background issues, like with software, hardware, user inexperience, etc.
- The demonstration TA – Develop, prepare, and deliver demonstrations to facilitate learning.