Skip Navigation

Disabled Parking Permits

Disabled parking is provided in specifically designated close-in areas.  Because lot maintenance need to be shared by all permit holders, the University requires that staff, faculty, and students with vehicles displaying a valid state issued disabled parking permit or license plate ARE ALSO required to display a university parking permit while parked in any university owned disabled parking stall.  The permit must correspond with the appropriate lot (i.e. Cedar lot requires a Cedar permit, AIRC requires a G1 permit and all other lots and university owned streets require a G2 permit).  If the designated parking stalls are all full in the area you choose to park, you may park in any metered parking stall for a maximum of two (2) hours.  After two hours, you must either relocate your vehicle or pay the posted metered rate.  Visitors to campus DO NOT need a university parking permit while parked in a disabled stall, but still require a state issued disabled permit or license plate.  Disabled stalls are enforced year-round on a 24 hour basis.


A State of Minnesota temporary disability parking certificate may be obtained for individuals who are temporarily disabled.  The individual must complete the Minnesota Department of Public Safety's temporary disabled parking certificate application which will require a physician's signature. After completing the application submit it to the Department of Motor Vehicles.  Instructions and further information can be found within the application.