Bemidji State University is committed to the success of all of our students. Key factors to student success are engagement in the learning process and confidence to succeed. Through identification, development, and utilization of students’ talents, our goal is to enable students to achieve academic, career, and personal success. In order for students to learn their top five themes of talent, Bemidji State University offers students the Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment offered through the platform of CliftonStrengths for Students, which also offers online resources to assist students in using their talents in general academic life, relationships, extracurricular activities, study skills, and career exploration & selecting a major.
The video below explains the assessment, its purpose, and why we believe a Strengths Approach to your educational experience is crucial.
Take the StrengthsFinder Assessment
The Advising Success Center is your place to complete the StrengthsFinder assessment through CliftonStrengths for Student. The assessment is offered to all BSU students. Most students take the assessment through their First Year Experience seminar course. You have to be a current BSU student to take the assessment.
Want to take the assessment? To take the Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment follow these 5 steps
- Navigate to bemidji.gallup.com
- On the login page, click New Account. NOTE: If you have taken the assessment before, click Link Existing Gallup Account and follow the instructions provided.
- On the Registration page, type your information in the available fields. You will be asked to enter your email address. Please note the following regarding entering your email address.
- You NEED to use your BSU email address (email@example.com)
- You will receive an email confirming your registration. Click the link in the email message to complete your registration. Once completed, you can log into the CliftonStrengths for Students site using your username and password.
- Make sure you check both your Focused and Other email inboxes for Gallup’s email message.
- KEEP YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD SOMEWHERE SAFE. You may need to access your results later for your program or student employment.
- Once you have completed the assessment and received your results, download the CliftonStrengths App to download and have direct access to your results for quick reference.
Already completed the assessment. If you have already taken the assessment you can navigate to the login page and Link Existing Gallup Account. *NOTE:You will need to know your Username and Password. If you don’t remember your Username and Password click the Forgot username/password and follow the instructions on the Account Assistance page.
We encourage you to continue to develop your Top Five Themes of Talent by Naming It! Claiming It! and Aiming It!