Fainting or Unconsciousness
Until help arrives:
- Lay patient flat or keep them lying down in a comfortable environment.
- Patient who has fainted, although appearing to have recovered completely, should not be sent away.
- Always wait for rescue personnel’s evaluation.
- Keep patient flat and warm.
- Check to see that patient is breathing and they have a pulse. If the patient in not breathing and there is no pulse — START CPR.
- Loosen tight clothing.
- DO NOT move patient.
- DO NOT leave patient.