Minnesota Family Planning Program
You could receive family planning service (birth control), at no cost to you if:
- You are between 15 and 50 years of age
- You are a US citizen
- You are not pregnant
- You are not enrolled in other Minnesota Care Programs
- You meet income limits
Family planning services are covered, including:
- Annual exam (pelvic, Pap smear, and associated labs)
- Birth control
- Testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections identified during initial exam
- Emergency contraception
Bemidji State University is a participant in the Minnesota Family Planning Program (a federal grant to prevent unwanted pregnancies). A student can enroll in this program by completing a form, which will take less than 5 minutes. Your enrollment will be effective on the spot and coverage will be provided for 2 months of medical needs and 3 months of birth control. To obtain coverage for 1 year, once again at no charge to you, the state of Minnesota requires the following documentation:
- Proof of citizenship: Copy of Drivers license and birth certificate, or passport. We understand the need for privacy and if a birth certificate cannot be obtained BSU Health service can help obtain a copy.
- Proof of income: 30 consecutive days of pay stubs (excluding work study). Income limits must be met,
- Click here to see more information on the MFPP program.