- BSU Veteran’s Assistance Center
Center Staff can help you determine whether you’re eligible for the GI Bill, scholarships, disability services, personal counseling, tutoring, financial aid etc.
- ULifeline and Self-Evaluator/ Self-Assessment
BSU Counseling Center’s site at ULifeline which is an anonymous, confidential, online resource center, where college students can be comfortable searching for the information they need and want regarding mental health and suicide prevention.
- College Health/Mental Health Information
Helpful resources for college students and parents.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder, (SAD) Information
What is SAD?, How common is it?, Is there any treatment?
- Depression Overview at WebMD
Articles, blogs, support forums
- Addiction Information
Gambling, Food, Shopping, Drugs, Sex…What are these addictions? Who is affected by them?
- Internet Addiction
Recognizing Internet addiction, problems caused by it
Resources for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender students
- Half of Us – Hear stories from celebrities and other college students and get facts about mental health issues.
Mental Health Videos
- Emotional Health 101: struggling with the stress of college? You’re not alone.
Student Counseling Virtual Pamphlet Collection
The Student Counseling Virtual Pamphlet Collection is a collection of articles from university counseling centers across the U.S. on topics specific to student concerns. A virtual pamphlet put out by another university may refer to services available only to students at that university. BSU students should, of course, contact instead the BSU Counseling Center. Opinions expressed in a virtual pamphlet from one university do not necessarily reflect those of Bemidji State University.
*Note – some resources require your Student ID to accessResources from the A.C. Clark Library
- Anxiety Disorders E-book , National Institute of Mental Health (2009)
- The Anxiety Cure: An Eight Step Program for Getting Well, Dupont, R.L, Spencer, E.D., and Dupont, C.M (2003)
- Triumph Over Shyness and Social Anxiety, Stein, M. and Walker, J. (2001)
Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) National Institute of Mental Health (2008)
- The Eating Disorder Sourcebook: A Comprehensive Guide to the Causes, Treatments, and Prevention of Eating Disorders, Costin, C. (1999)
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress: A Psychosocial Perspective on PTSD and Treatment, Joseph, S. Williams, R. & Yule, W. (1997)
- Women and Depression: Discovering Hope, National Institute of Mental Health (2009)
- Depression E-book, National Institute of Mental Health (2008)
- Men and Depression,National Institute of Mental Health (2005)
- Dealing with Depression: A Commonsense Guide to Mood Disorders , Parker, G. & Straton, D. (2002)
- Dealing with Depression in 12 Step Recovery, Jack. (1990)
- Stories of Hope and Recovery: A Video Guide for Suicide Attempt Survivors, SAMHSA (2012)
Loss of Loved Ones
- How to Survive the Loss of a Love, Colgrove, M. Bloomfield, H. & McWilliams, P. (1991)