A list of helpful websites regarding mental health.
General Mental Health
- Active Minds is the nation’s premier nonprofit organization supporting mental health awareness and education for students.
- Support and education about mental health
- Helpful resources for college students and parents.
- Hear stories from celebrities and other college students and get facts about mental health issues.
- BSU Counseling Center’s site at ULifeline which is an anonymous, confidential, online resource center, where college students can be comfortable searching for the information they need and want regarding mental health and suicide prevention.
Depression and Suicide
- Articles, blogs, support forums
Seasonal Affective Disorder
- A website containing an informational guide on managing mental health during season changes
- What is SAD?, How common is it?, Is there any treatment?
- Gambling, Food, Shopping, Drugs, Sex…What are these addictions? Who is affected by them?
- Recognizing Internet addiction, problems caused by it
- A website containing self-compassion research, guided meditations and exercises, mindful self-compassion training, and a self-compassion assessment
- LGBTQ community list of resources and support
People of Color
- A list of resources compiled by UC Santa Cruz Counseling and Psychological Services
- For healing racial trauma and cultivating an anti-racist mindset