Our exchange partner in Finland is the Tampere Ammattikorkeakoulu (TAMK) – University of Applied Sciences in Tampere.
To promote and expand international understanding, development and friendship as well as to stimulate and support educational, professional and intercultural activities and projects among students and staff of the two institutions and the respective communities which support these institutions.
Specific admission requirements are available from the BSU International Program Center director and the Head of the International Office at TP.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least two semesters of full-time study at the home institution prior to the beginning of the exchange period.
- Students whose native language is not English must demonstrate that they are able to perform successfully in university-level coursework where English is the language of instruction and assessment. BSU will require official TOEFL test score reports for each exchange applicant from TP.
- Participating students remit their current tuition and mandatory fees charges to their respective home institution.
- Participating students will be housed in the host institution’s residence halls or in the student dormitory offered by the local Student Housing Foundation, or in other university-approved housing. The exchange student will be responsible for all housing costs.
- The exchange student will be responsible for all transportation, living and other expenses.
- Participating exchange students will be required to carry adequate health insurance. TP students must purchase the health insurance plan contracted by MnSCU.
- Each student must provide documentation that he/she possesses sufficient financial resources to meet the expenses for which they are responsible.
*Please note, separate applications to Tampere Polytechnic are submitted directly to TP.
Tampere Polytechnic has more information on applying as an exchange student.