UPGRADED WIRELESS ACCESS!
Thanks to ITS staff, all BSU residence hall rooms will be equipped with in-room wireless access points by the end of spring semester 2019. This project, which is already underway, will result in significantly improved wireless network access and user satisfaction. We listened to resident feedback and have prioritized this improvement for you. Here is what the new wireless access points look like:
More information on this project will be coming soon!
The new BSU Planner is now available! View it here: http://globaldatebooksonline.com/flipbooks/bem/
FYRE Family Weekend was held on September 26-28.
Check out our Move-In Guide for all the information you need to know about moving into the residence halls!
Check out our Move-In Map to learn where to go on Move-In Day.
The online BSU Planner is now available to view; printed copies will be available at the start of fall semester.
Use Beaver Bucks at Northwoods for a 22% discount off the cash price! Sales tax not included.
Basic Function & Responsibility
The Residence Hall Receptionist functions as a receptionist, information source, clerk, and typist for the staff of the hall to which they are assigned. The Receptionist should possess good public relations and clerical skills. The receptionist is responsible for fulfilling the following duties:
- Responding to inquiries at the desk and answering and responding to telephone inquiries.
- Establishing appointments for the Area Director/Residence Hall Director and Assistant.
- Maintaining an appropriate office atmosphere.
- Distributing change.
- Selling stamps.
- Checking in and out available equipment.
- Assisting in the checking in and out of residents.
- Referring maintenance requests to the appropriate staff.
- Typing, filing, and other clerical tasks as assigned.
- Collecting, sorting, and distributing residents’ mail.
- Opening and closing reception desk in prescribed manner.
Receptionists are expected to be available for work from the first day the Residence Halls open through the last day each semester. To qualify for the position, the student must have work-study funds. Must be in good standing with the university conduct system.
Functional and administrative supervision is received from the Residence Hall Director and the Assistant Residence Hall Director.