- Type or word-process your paper in a standard font and size (e.g., Times Roman, 12 pt.).
- Left-align the text.
- Double-space the text throughout the paper.
- Set margins at one inch at the top, bottom, and sides of the paper.
- Create a header that includes the page header (an abbreviation of the title) and page number in the upper right corner and one half-inch from the top of each page.
- Create a title page with page header and number, a running head in the top left corner, and the title, your name, and institutional affiliation (or course number) centered above the middle of the page.
- Indent the first line of each paragraph and all block quotations one-half inch from the left margin.
- Italicize the titles of longer works (like a book) and put the titles of shorter works (like a poem) “in double quotation marks.”
Feedback about this webpage.