- Type or word-process your paper in a standard font and size (e.g., 12-point Times New Roman, 11-point Calibri, 11-point Arial, or 11-point Georgia).
- Left-align the text.
- Double-space the text throughout the paper. No extra space is needed between paragraphs.
- Set margins at one inch at the top, bottom, and sides of the paper.
- Insert a page number in the upper right corner of each page, including the title or cover page. A running head is not required for student papers.
- Create a title page with the title, your name, institutional affiliation, course number and name, instructor’s name, and due date centered above the middle of the page. Bold the title.
- Indent the first line of each paragraph and all block quotations one-half inch from the left margin.
- Italicize the titles of longer works (like a book) and put the titles of shorter works (like a poem) “in double quotation marks.”
Feedback about this webpage.