Skip Navigation

Instructions for Complete Withdrawal from School

If you are withdrawing from ALL of your classes this semester it is advised that you complete the following steps:

  • If you would like to speak to a counselor or faculty about anything concerning academic or personal circumstances related to your withdrawal

    You are encouraged to stop by the Counseling Center, Birch Hall 1A or call 755-2024 to set up a confidential meeting.

  • If you live in the residence halls and/or have a meal plan:

    Contact the Residential Life Office in Walnut Hall, 755-3750, to terminate your Residential Life Contract and receive directions for proper checkout procedures.

  • If you received any type of financial aid:

    Contact the Financial Aid Office in Deputy 114, 755-2034, to address the following: 1) repayment of aid received if you are withdrawing prior to 60% of the term being completed; 2) discuss your eligibility for future financial aid when you return to school; 3) and to receive exit student loan information.

  • If you have received a Perkins Loan:

    Contact 612-548-2050 to have an exit interview and update your Perkins Loan information. Knowing your rights and responsibilities of this loan may help you for future funding and enrollment.

  • All students withdrawing must:

    Contact Emily in Deputy 202, 755-2046, to determine if you are to receive a refund or if a financial aid repayment is necessary.

  • Finally, you must withdraw from all your classes by using web registration:

    Web Registration: Go to the BSU homepage at and select myBSU.

Questions? Need assistance? Stop by the Records Office, Deputy 101, or call 755-2020.