Registration is not complete until tuition charges and fees incurred at registration have been paid in accordance with University procedures. Preregistered students are requested to comply with the payment deadline specified in the semester class schedule. Bemidji State University complies with Minnesota Statute 197.775 which exceeds all criteria of Title 38 United States Code Section 3679(e).
Late registrants must obtain instructors' approval to register for classes.
A hold will be placed on registration for students who have not paid any tuition charges and fees by the published deadline in the Academic Calendar.
Students must obtain instructor approval to register for a class after the "last day to add" date published in the Academic Calendar.
Grades, transcripts, and diplomas will not be released for students who have outstanding financial obligations at the close of a semester or summer term.
Add, Drop or Change of Courses
The following guidelines apply unless otherwise noted in the current Class Schedule.
- Schedule changes made through the first 5 days of the semester may be made without financial obligation or appearing on the transcripts.
- After the 5th day of the term, students may withdraw from a course at any time up to 80% of the course meetings. After this time, no course may be dropped or withdrawn from except in cases with extenuating circumstances.
- Courses dropped after the fifth day of classes will be assigned a "W" grade and do not qualify for a refund unless the student is withdrawing from all courses in the term. https://www.bemidjistate.edu/mybsu/registration/withdrawing-dropping/
- If withdrawing from all courses in the term, please refer to the Tuition and Fees Webpage for details: https://www.bemidjistate.edu/offices/business-services/tuition-fees/
- An instructor may decide to drop a student who does not attend(log-in) the first week of a given course.
- Students must obtain instructor approval to register for a class after the "last day to add" date published in the Academic Calendar.
- A student wishing to withdraw from a course must follow the proper procedure using the Web registration option.
- Withdrawal from classes could affect continued eligibility for financial aid and/or future registration.
- For details contact the Financial Aid Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apart from those courses whose descriptions state they may be repeated for additional credit, any course may be repeated once for the purpose of replacing the former grade with a new grade. Students wishing to do this must file a Repeat Form with the Records and Registration Office. Once the form is filed, the new grade, whether higher, the same, or lower, will be substituted for the original grade in computing the grade point average and total semester credits applied toward graduation. However, the original course and its grade will remain on the transcript. Classes originally taken for a letter grade must be repeated for a letter grade.
Prerequisites and Corequisites
A prerequisite is a course that must be taken or an experience that must be acquired prior to registration for the course that lists the prerequisite. Departments may waive prerequisites in specific cases.
A corequisite is a course that must be taken or an experience that must be acquired concurrent with enrollment in the course that lists the corequisite. Departments may waive corequisites in specific cases.
It is the prerogative of the instructor to drop students from a class if they have not completed the prerequisites and/or corequisites as listed in the college catalog.
A student may not register for two or more courses scheduled to meet at the same time during a semester without the consent of both instructors.