Choose a Catalog:  

2022-2023 Graduate Catalog

Graduate: Registration

Academic Year

Bemidji State University functions on an academic semester system consisting of fall and spring semesters of approximately sixteen (16) weeks each, and a summer term. Credits earned during summer term may be applied toward the fulfillment of degree requirements.

Withdrawal from School

    Complete withdrawal from all courses must be finished prior to the withdrawal deadline published in the Academic Calendar, except in hardship cases.
    A "W" grade is assigned when students formally withdraw from a course for which they are financially responsible.
    Failure to withdraw officially will result in "F" grades.
    For refund information, see the section on Tuition and Fees.
    Withdrawal may require repayment of financial aid and/or GI Bill payments and reassessment of eligibility. For return to the University see "Students" under the Admission section of this catalog.

Instructions for Complete Withdrawal from School

If you are withdrawing from ALL of your classes, you are advised to complete the following steps:

If you would like to speak to a counselor or faculty member about any academic or personal circumstances related to your withdrawal:
You are encouraged to stop by the Counseling Center in Birch Hall 1A or call 755-2053 to set up a confidential meeting, or contact your academic advisor.
Contact the Financial Aid Office in Deputy 114, 755-2034, to address the following: 1) repayment of aid received if you are withdrawing prior to 60% of the term being completed; 2) your eligibility for future financial aid when you return to school; and 3) exit student loan information.

All students withdrawing must:
Contact the Cashier’s Office in Deputy 202, 755-2046, to determine if you are to receive a refund or if a financial aid repayment is necessary.

Finally, you must withdraw from all your classes prior to the last day to withdraw as published in the semester class schedule by:
Web Registration: Go to the BSU homepage ( under myBSU, then e-Services.

Questions? Need assistance? Check out the last few pages of the class schedule for further information or stop by the Records and Registration Office, Deputy 101, or the Office of Student Development and Enrollment, Deputy 313.

Senior Citizens