- Doctorate of Business Administration – Metropolitan State University – St. Paul, Minnesota – Graduated May 2016
- Masters of Business Administration in Accounting - University of Saint Thomas- St. Paul, Minnesota- Graduated September 2000
- Bachelor of Arts, Spanish, and International Management Certificate- Luther College- Decorah, Iowa- Graduated in June 1987
- Associate in Arts, Liberal Arts- Rochester Community College - Rochester, Minnesota- Graduated June 1983
I primarily teach financial accounting. I also teach Global Business and Survey of Finance and Accounting in the MBA program.
- June 2019 - Global Business - Huaihua University - Huaihua, Hunan Provence, China
- August 2006 to Present - Accounting - Bemidji State University - Bemidji, Minnesota
- 2000-2006 - Instructor - Rasmussen, Lake Superior, and Globe Colleges & University of Saint Thomas - St. Paul, Minnesota
- Taught various business and accounting courses which include: Advanced Accounting, College Accounting, Computer Accounting Applications (Peachtree), Computer Accounting Principles (QuickBooks), Entrepreneurship, Finance, Income Tax, Investments, Intermediate Accounting, Introduction to Business, Managerial Accounting, Management, Management Accounting, Microcomputers, Payroll Accounting, and PowerPoint.
Minnesota Chapter 308B Cooperatives: Two Case Studies presentations:
Canadian Association for Studies in Co-operation and Association of Cooperative Educators conference – Calgary, Canada - May 31-June 3, 2016
CoMinnesota meeting, Minneapolis, MN - October 19th, 2016
Honors Lecture, Bemidji State University, Bemidji, MN - March 4th, 2019
Huaihua University, Huaihua, Hunan Provence, June 18, 2019
Panopto and the Flipped Classroom presentation:
Bemidji State University, Bemidji, MN – January 10th, 2019
Awards, honors, and recognitions
- Making a Difference - presented by BSU Student Advisory Group
Prior experience not in education
- 2003-2006 Accounting Officer Principal, Financial Reporting
- State of Minnesota - Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
- Directed the implementation of interim financial statements and business activity reporting
- Assisted in the accumulation of data for and the preparation of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Annual Financial Report and other system-wide reports.
- Prepared financial statements for college institutions so that the statements were completed on an accurate, consistent and timely basis and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- 2000-2003- Senior Auditor - State of Minnesota - Office of the Legislative Auditor
- Performed complex internal and external financial, operations, and compliance audits of governmental agencies to ensure adequacy of financial records, compliance with GAAP, effectiveness of controls, adequacy of reporting conventions, and compliance with State and Federal Laws and rules. Evaluated and examined agency/firm's financial and information systems, management procedures, and internal controls to ensure they are accurate and adequate to protect against fraud, waste, and material errors. Also, conducted field audits.
- 1991-1999 - Business Manager/Co-founder - Designer's Viewpoint - Rochester, Minnesota
- Performed all accounting and bookkeeping functions for interior design business. Ordered inventory and scheduled subcontractor activities. Submitted sales tax and payroll tax forms as needed. Prepared financial statements using Peachtree and QuickBooks accounting software packages.
- 1987-1991 - Department Manager - Carson Pirie Scott - Roseville, Minnesota
- Supervised sales staff of 20 associates. Performed merchandising, selling and inventory activities for a department with over million in sales volume. Hired and trained sales staff.
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Governmental Accountants