For Students, Faculty & Staff
Visit bemidjistate.edu/coronavirus for more information about advising during COVID-19.
PLEASE NOTE: THE ADVISING SUCCESS CENTER STAFF ARE WORKING REMOTELY. ALL REQUESTS FOR SERVICES MUST BE CONDUCTED VIRTUALLY, OFF-SITE. WE HAVE SET UP AN OPTION FOR REMOTE ADVISING, LOCATED IN THE TOOLBAR TO THE LEFT. PLEASE USE THE REMOTE ADVISING LINK TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT WITH OUR STAFF. THANK YOU.
The Advising Success Center (ASC) is here to help you thrive every step of the way. We’ll be here for you from the day you arrive on campus to the day you graduate.
You can think of us as your personal advocate, helping you to navigate your way through your college career. Wherever your path may lead you, we’re here to help you identify opportunities, maximize your potential, and achieve your goals.
What We Do
In an effort to ensure the academic, social, personal and long-term success of every student, the ASC provides the following services and programs:
- Advisor assignments and change requests. While the Advising Success Center Staff is working remotely due to the COVID-19 situation, we are unable to accept Advisor Change Forms. If you are seeking an advisor change, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your student ID or StarID in your message and the name of the new faculty advisor you are requesting. We will need to confirm this change request with the requested faculty advisor before we can make the change.
- The new student advising and registration portion of the Academic Advising and Registration day
- Supplemental advising to students who have been conditionally admitted or placed on academic warning or probation
- The ACCUPLACER Assessment exam tests new students’ level of preparedness for college-level work
- Check out our Facebook page for information on upcoming workshops
For New Students
- Academic Advising & Registration (AAR)
- First Year Experience (FYE) Seminar
- Additional information for new students