The Office of Communications and Marketing uses multimedia reporting and media relations to share the stories of BSU and its students, faculty, staff and alumni. You can help by submitting a story, or just give us a friendly retweet!
Sixty students were officially welcomed into the Bemidji State University Four-Year Track Nursing Program during an induction ceremony on February 22. The student nurses had their name badges ceremonially affixed to their nursing polos by faculty and signed the Nightingale Pledge in front of family and friends in the Beaux Arts Ballroom.Keep reading »
Bemidji State University was well represented at the Minnesota State Day at the Capitol on Feb. 24 where Carl Isaacson, associate professor of environmental studies, Miriam Rios-Sanchez, assistant professor in the Center for Sustainability Studies and Dr. John Perlich, associate professor of communication studies were selected to showcase their research.
With the support of its students and campus advisers, the Black Student Union aims to bolster personal development by creating diverse, academic and social environments for the BSU community. In celebration of Black History Month, the club hosted a number of events to acknowledge the achievements and legacies of African Americans in the United States, past and present.
Originally from Shakopee, Minn., Markus Babris discovered his love for music and theater during his freshman year of high school. Now a junior double majoring in economics and mathematics at Bemidji State, Babriscan be seen performing as the Prince in the university’s upcoming production of “Cinderella” by Rodgers & Hammerstein from Feb. 28–March 1.
Sherry Lawdermilt has been named chief information officer for both Bemidji State University and Northwest Technical College.
2/27/2020 | Men's Basketball Beaver Men’s Basketball trio named to all-conference teams
2/27/2020 | Women's Basketball Myer earns All-NSIC Second Team, Heittola named to All-Freshmen Team
2/27/2020 | Men's Basketball Thompson, Wagner hit milestones as Men's Basketball season ends at MSU
2/27/2020 | Women's Basketball Women’s Basketball season ends after 75-56 loss to Augustana
2/26/2020 | Softball Softball hits the road to face Quincy and St. Ambrose
2/26/2020 | Baseball BSU baseball continues season with four-game series at William Jewell
2/26/2020 | Women's Track & Field Beavers to send student-athletes to NSIC Indoor Championships Feb. 28-29
2/26/2020 | Men's Ice Hockey Beavers and Mavericks square off for WCHA titleMore Athletics News & Schedules »
- Stroke Survivors and Transition to Home, BSU Professor Gets Published in Minnesota Journal
- Talley Gallery to Showcase Nikolay Aleksiev’s Modern Illustration Paintings
- Lucky Ducks: BSU Ducks Unlimited Builds Homes for Feathered Friends
- Stage Fright & Oil Spills, BSU Professors Share Research at MinnState Day at the Capitol
- Applications Open for Local Businesses to Host 2020 Neilson Foundation Internships
- The Power of Diversity, Bemidji State Students Attend Annual Leadership Conference
- Students in “Becoming Human” Course Participate in #Anthroday
- Made for the Stage, Bemidji State Encourages Sophomore to Follow her Dream
- Black History Month Panel: Recruiting & Retaining Black Professors
BSU in the Media
- New chief information officer hired at BSU and NTC
- Panel at BSU Discusses Recruiting, Hiring, and Retaining Black Faculty Members
- Northwoods Adventure: Biking All Season Long With Winter Biking 101 at BSU
- Longtime BSU Football Coach Rich Jahner Announces His Retirement
- Over $54,000 Raised in BSU’s Day of Giving
More in the News Archive »