The Office of Communications and Marketing uses multimedia reporting and media relations to share the stories of BSU and its students, faculty, staff and alumni. You can help by submitting a story, or just give us a friendly retweet!
Serena Graves, a sophomore indigenous studies major at Bemidji State University, grew up on the Red Lake Reservation in northern Minnesota without ever learning how to speak Ojibwe. Today she spends her time studying the language of her ancestors and working at the Red Lake Immersion School where she speaks Ojibwe on a daily basis.Keep reading »
Alan Page, Minnesota’s first African-American supreme court justice, former Minnesota Vikings player and pro-football Hall of Fame inductee, is the recipient of Bemidji State University’s 37th Distinguished Minnesotan honor.
Bemidji State University’s international students celebrated the traditions and cultures of their home countries at the 50th Annual Festival of Nations held on April 12. The festival, with its theme of “We All Smile in The Same Language,” is Bemidji State longest-running multicultural festival.
Senior Andrea Goodwin was named Outstanding American Indian Student of the Year and 44 graduating Native American students were honored at Bemidji State University’s 39th Annual American Indian Students Recognition Banquet.
Bemidji State University President Faith C. Hensrud signed Second Nature’s Climate Commitment during BSU’s annual Feast of Green celebration on April 8 in the American Indian Resource Center.
4/18/2019 | Women's Track & Field Kean announces additions of Ekereke and Jackson to Track and Field program
4/18/2019 | Women's Basketball Women’s Basketball completes 2019-20 recruiting class with three signees
4/18/2019 | Football Beaver Football’s annual spring game kicks off Saturday at Chet Anderson
4/18/2019 | Football Revolutionary technology bridging the gap between BSU football and safety
4/17/2019 | Baseball Beavers to host Wolves three-game series Friday, Saturday in site reversal
4/17/2019 | Men's Golf Men’s Golf begins NSIC Championship in Kansas City
4/17/2019 | Softball BSU Softball hits the road for doubleheaders at CSP and Minnesota State
4/17/2019 | Women's Track & Field Track and Field ready for full week of meets in California and MinnesotaMore Athletics News & Schedules »
- Dr. Eric Forsyth Published in International Sport and Leisure Journal
- Nitaawichigewag Gikinoo’amaaganag, Congratulations!
- Iwanski Finds Balance Between Sustainability and Creative Writing at BSU
- Explore the University’s Archives with Colleen Deel in Honor of BSU’s Centennial Year
- Thinking Tiny, Acting Big: Co-Curricular Tiny House Project Finished!
- Two National Publications Highlight Work by BSU’s Dr. Donna Pawlowski
- Guelda & Stackhouse Discuss Evidence-Based Learning in the Classroom
- Dr. Marilyn Yoder Named Dean of the College of Business, Math & Science
- Dr. Carol Ann Russell Showcases Poetry at Headwaters Open-Mic CoffeeHouse
BSU in the Media
- In Focus: BSU Music Department Debuts Brand New Steinway Piano
- Relay For Life At BSU Continues To Raise Money for Cancer Research
- “Make It Okay” Presentation Aims To End Mental Illness Stigma At BSU
- These tiny little bugs are a harbinger of wetland health — and they’re disappearing
- Neither snow, slush nor sunken ice keeps these scientists from wetland restoration
More in the News Archive »