The Office of Communications and Marketing uses multimedia reporting and media relations to share the stories of BSU and its students, faculty, staff and alumni. You can help by submitting a story, or just give us a friendly retweet!
A Cancer Researcher and an HVAC Prodigy: BSU and NTC Students Featured During Minnesota State Day at the Capitol
Bemidji State University and Northwest Technical College will join the Minnesota State system of colleges and universities for its annual Minnesota Day at the Capitol. The event features the accomplishments of students and faculty across the system to emphasize the importance of the Minnesota State legislative biennial budget request.Keep reading »
Bemidji State University senior Jacob McArthur hopes to help other students reach success through his recent appointment as student ambassador for the American Indian College Fund. The program trains American Indian and Alaska Native students to serve as educational leaders in their communities.
All incoming Bemidji State University freshman no longer need to submit their ACT and SAT test scores when applying for the freshman merit-based scholarship program. The program includes three scholarships, ranging from $2,000 to $10,000, for which students are automatically considered when they are admitted to Bemidji State.
Even away from the Bemidji State University football team for two years, former All-American Gunner Olszewski is setting program firsts as a member of the New England Patriots. Olszewski became the first Beaver ever selected to The Associated Press National Football League All-Pro Team, as the news outlet announced its 2020 selections Friday.
Bemidji State University and Northwest Technical College have begun to address a growing issue of food insecurity among college students in partnership with the United Way of the Bemidji Area.
1/18/2021 | Men's Ice Hockey Men's Hockey complete non-conference season with No. 5 Bowling Green
1/18/2021 | Women's Basketball Heittola earns second career NSIC North Player of the Week honor
1/17/2021 | Women's Basketball Beavers sweep the Dragons to earn Century Trophy, 74-59
1/17/2021 | Men's Basketball Three-point barrage sends Beavers down with 83-61 loss to Dragons
1/16/2021 | Women's Ice Hockey Beavers battle back to earn tie with Huskies; Win extra point in shootout
1/16/2021 | Women's Basketball Heittola leads way as Beavers snap 17-game losing streak to Dragons
1/16/2021 | Men's Basketball Thompson totals 21 points as Men's Basketball takes 70-50 loss at MSUM
1/16/2021 | Women's Ice Hockey Beavers stymied in 3-1 loss to HuskiesMore Athletics News & Schedules »
- Bemidji State Students Participate in National Singing Competition
- Bemidji State Professor Co-Authors Award-Winning Paper
- Spanish for Healthcare Professionals Offered at Bemidji State Next Semester
- Szrot Analyzes 50 Years of Doctrine to Uncover Shifts in Environmental Consciousness
- BSU to host athletics events without spectators through the end of January
- Bemidji State University Hosts Free COVID-19 Saliva Testing for Students
- Bemidji State wraps up fall semester and looks to spring
- Dan Amundson Feels Right At Home in Minnesota’s Northwoods
- Gunner Olszewski Named AFC Special Teams Player Of The Week
BSU in the Media
- In Author Dennis E. Staples’ Town, Sleeping Dogs Don’t Lie
- Annual mental health panel aims to change the conversation around seeking help
- BSU Nursing Department Partners with Sanford Health for Internships
- BSU Hosts Virtual Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony for New Hagg-Sauer Hall
- In Focus: BSU Virtual Concert Series to Present Chinook Winds
More in the News Archive »