Interested in pursuing an MS in Biology? Here’s what you need to know:
We have two degree pathway options: fully-online MS in Biology (36 credits) and/or thesis based MS in Biology (30 credits – residential/hybrid program).
For complete current program requirements, please go to the current catalog; select Graduate Programs located on the right side.
- Rolling admission, so apply at any time.
- If you are hoping to do the thesis based program and pursing a potential GA, apply by February 1 for Fall admission.
- Graduate Application for Admission — Apply Here!
- $20 non-refundable application fee (currently free until August 31, 2020)
- Official transcripts of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Overall undergraduate GPA: 2.75*
- One-page letter of intent stating research interests and future career goals
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from a previous employer/professor
- International students must also provide Proof of English Proficiency
- For additional program questions, please contact the Graduate Program Coordinator, Dr. Richard Koch
*Students with an undergraduate GPA below 2.75 or who are within 11 semester hours of satisfying undergraduate degree requirements may qualify for provisional admission. Contact the School of Graduate Studies for more information.
Tuition & Aid
We offer in-state/reciprocity tuition rates to all of our graduate students. Please visit the Financial Aid website for more information on options for funding your education.
Some students may qualify for a graduate assistantship, which includes a tuition waiver and stipend. GAs, in return, are expected to complete certain teaching and/or research assignments for the department.