In-State Tuition Benefit:
- All international students, including English Language Center (ELC) students, are eligible for the in-state (resident) tuition rate.
- 2020-2021 Academic Year Expense Information
- International students pay the same tuition per semester as students from Minnesota.
- There are no special requirements to receive and maintain this benefit.
- BSU offers high-quality education at an affordable price.
2020-2021 International Student Estimated Cost Breakdown for One Academic Year
Approximate costs for two semesters as a full-time international student residing on campus in a double-occupancy room with a meal plan:
Tuition and fees $9,208
Living expenses (room and board) $8,920
Health insurance, textbooks,
personal expenses $3,570
Estimated total cost (in USD) $21,698
For further details on how our tuition and fees are calculated and what services they cover, click here.
All new international students are eligible for the International Student Merit Award (ISMA).
International students are not eligible to receive federal or state loans and grants. At this time, international students are not eligible for automatic “New Freshman Scholarships.”
International students who are enrolled full-time are eligible to apply to work on-campus. Please note that the maximum pay an international student can earn on campus is currently around $700 per month. For more information, see “International Student Employment” which includes “Regular payroll positions” information at Student Employment. Please see each of those websites for particulars.