BSU is committed to mitigating the spread of COVID-19 within our community. It is on each and every one of us to do our part to keep our campus community safe.
24-Hour BSU COVID-19 Hotline: (218) 755-2901
- Practice social distancing. Social distancing means staying out of crowded places, avoiding group gatherings, and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others when possible.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty.
- September 10: Baseball Alumni Golf Outing COVID-19 Precautions
- August 28: Gordy Skaar Memorial Golf Tourney COVID-19 Guidelines
- August 21: BSU Receives Governor’s Emergency Educational Relief Grant to Support Underserved Students
- August 14: What to do if you get a red page notice
- August 10: Screening Tool – Helpful Information for Employees
Sadly, in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak we have heard reports of increased levels of stereotyping, harassment and bullying directed at members of our community, including those who are perceived to be of Asian descent. In particular, we are aware of xenophobic comments directed toward some of our international students.
These behaviors are not consistent with our values as institutions and we condemn them. Neither BSU nor NTC tolerate any kind of ethnic harassment or bullying. The diversity of our communities — in both our employees and in our student bodies — is among our greatest strengths.
Read President Hensrud’s full Anti-stigma statement here.
The Minnesota State system of colleges and universities has established a Coronavirus Contact Group, which meets regularly via conference call to discuss the latest information in this developing situation. For specific questions or concerns at Bemidji State University, please contact:
Communications & Marketing