The Office of Communications and Marketing is the strategic communications and marketing team exclusively dedicated to promoting the university. From helping recruit the next generation of Beavers to providing media coverage for our faculty’s latest research to building our brand around the world, we partner with various organizations and departments to share Minnesota’s premier Northwoods university experience. The division is led by Executive Director of Communications and Marketing Andy Bartlett.
Our office serves the BSU community through four collaborating areas:
Executive Communications, Policy & Administration
Executive Director Andy Bartlett works with the Office of the President to develop executive speeches, remarks, presentations, letters and videos that express and support the president’s vision and mission for Bemidji State.
Marketing & Brand
- The associate director of communications and marketing is responsible for managing and unifying the university’s brand presence across campus and around the globe.
- Our office offers a full range of marketing and communication services to the Bemidji State community including strategy, communications planning, creative work, graphic design, web development, print materials, multimedia development special project and social media consultation.
- We also provide a variety of photography services (portraits, events, etc.) and maintain a database of university images.
News & Public Relations
- BSU News builds institutional reputation and promotes public awareness about BSU through news releases, social media and videos.
- Our office also develops communication strategies for important BSU priorities and initiatives, manages emerging public issues and crisis communications and responds to media inquiries involving BSU’s president and executive administrators. Additionally, our team publishes the BSU Insider, a monthly newsletter, the Beaver Link, a weekly student email, and the bi-annual BSU Magazine for BSU alumni. The team also manages the official faculty-staff email list-serv.
Digital & Social Media
- Our assistant director works closely with Information Technology’s web team to provide guidance and best practices for digital, web and mobile solutions that enhance the global and local brand reputation of BSU. This team is responsible for leadership, oversight and guidance for the BSU website and key centrally managed sites.
- The social media team, comprised of brand and university student ambassadors hired by the OCM and the Office of Admissions, oversees the strategic direction and development of all university-wide social accounts, as well as college-, school- and program-level presences, to encourage collaboration, unified messaging and proper brand representation. The associate director of communication and marketing maintains the official social leadership listing, accounts inventory and policy and provides social media consultation and training.
The Office of Communications and Marketing offers identical support to Northwest Technical College.