- Spring 2017 start-up schedule listed below:
- Faculty timelines are posted under Faculty Resources on the Academic & Student Affairs website. Time lines include Non-renewal provision, Promotion & Tenure request, Professional Development & Evaluation and Sabbatical application.
- Listed below are the Academic Calendars through summer session 2018:
An Educational Community
The office of Provost and Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs is central to sustaining the University’s efforts to create and sustain an educational community. Faculty and staff work with those in the Academic Affairs office to plan, coordinate, and implement policies and practices that enhance student learning.
The Academic Affairs office supports and facilitates BSU’s:
- Academic Colleges: College of Arts & Sciences, College of Business, College of Health, Sciences & Human Ecology, School of Nursing, School of Technology/Art/Design
- Academic planning, programming and assessment
- Selection, review and professional development of faculty
- Academic support services
- Institutional Research
- International Studies and International Council
- Library services
- Academic records
- University Honors program
- Women’s Studies Gender Studies
- Center for Professional Development
- Liberal Education
- Graduate Studies
- International Program Center
- McNair Program
- Career Services
Bemidji State University is an undergraduate institution with specialized and distinct graduate programs where academic content and delivery of that content is grounded in the principles of social justice and democracy.
Academic Core Values
- Creative and critical thinking.
- Living democratic principles.
- Inclusion of students, staff, faculty and administrators in all aspects of university life.
- Highly interactive, relevant and engaging teaching and learning environments.
- Randy Westhoff, Assistant Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs (interim)
- Diane Backer, Executive Assistant
- Debra Guelda, Center for Professional Development
- Season Ellison, Honors
- Bev Hodgson, Registrar (interim)
- George McConnell, Graduate Studies
- Carla Norris-Raynbird, Women’s Studies/Gender Studies
- Doug Olney, Institutional Research
- Season Ellison, Liberal Education
- Tom Beech, International Studies Program
- Cherish Hagen-Swanson, International Program Center
- Dennis Lunt, Leadership Program
- Kelli Stegall, McNair Program, TRIO/SS