The Office of Communications and Marketing uses multimedia reporting and media relations to share the stories of BSU and its students, faculty, staff and alumni. You can help by submitting a story, or just give us a friendly retweet!
Bemidji State biology students, under the direction of wildlife professor Dr. Brian Hiller, are conducting their fifth annual deer survey in Bemidji’s Ward 5 neighborhood. The student’s data is being used to support the City of Bemidji’s programs to manage its urban deer population.Keep reading »
Bemidji State University students who have yet to declare a major were invited to attend the university’s annual Major and Career Expo, held Oct. 26 in the Beaux Arts Ballroom. The fair gives students an opportunity to meet with department faculty, student clubs and organizations to explore opportunities for study and involvement on campus.
Research by Bemidji State University senior Haley Scheldorf is helping Minnesota’s K-12 students overcome mathematics anxiety. She spoke about her work in at the Minnesota Council of Mathematics’ annual spring conference, held in May in Duluth, Minn., with a presentation called “Guiding Principles on Reducing Math Anxiety.”
Dr. Richard A. Hanson, who served six years as president of Bemidji State University and Northwest Technical College between 2010-2016, was granted president emeritus status by the Minnesota State Board of Trustees during its Oct. 19 meeting.
Bemidji-area children can visit Bemidji State University’s residence halls on Halloween for an early night of tricks and treats.
- Student Research Supports City of Bemidji’s Deer Management Programs
- Math Major Helps Minnesota’s Students Overcome Math Anxiety
- Exploring the Influences on Writings by Anglo-Saxon Monk Ælfric of Eynsham
- Dr. Richard A. Hanson Granted President Emeritus Status by Minnesota State
- Imagine Tomorrow Fundraising Campaign Raises $36.5 Million
- Dr. Faith Hensrud Inaugurated as BSU’s 11th President
- Students Awarded for Presentations at Regional Science Conference
- Gallery: BSU Hosts Unity Event for National Coming Out Day
- BSU Students Drive City of Bemidji’s Recognition of Treaty Day
BSU in the Media
- Bemidji Pioneer: Former BSU president Richard Hanson granted President Emeritus Status
- Bemidji Pioneer: COLLEGE FOOTBALL: BSU grounds, pounds Minot State for 52-28 homecoming victory
- Bemidji Pioneer: Imagine that! BSU surpasses $36 million for fundraising campaign
- Bemidji Pioneer: Beaver Pride! Homecoming parade treks through downtown Bemidji
- Bemidji Pioneer: Hensrud Takes the Helm
More in the News Archive »