The Office of Communications and Marketing uses multimedia reporting and media relations to share the stories of BSU and its students, faculty, staff and alumni. You can help by submitting a story, or just give us a friendly retweet!
Bemidji State University’s Ojibwe Language Summer Camp — Ojibwemowin Niibinishi Gabeshi — which offers a unique opportunity for students to become immersed in Ojibwe culture, has won the Innovative Award for Non-Credit Programs from the North American Association of Summer Sessions.Keep reading »
It’s not every day that you get a chance to meet the daughter of the President of the United States. Jennifer Thiesen, a programmer in Bemidji State University’s programming, networking and servers office, had that opportunity on Nov. 20, along with two members of the Girls Who Code club she founded at Bemidji State in the fall of 2014.
Bemidji State University’s American Indian Resource Center held a two-part Makizinikewin, moccasin-making workshop, Nov. 20 and Nov. 21.
Ashley Kiecker, a senior in Bemidji State University’s art and design program, has won the 2016 EXHIBITOR Media Group Student Achievement Award. Kiecker was selected by art and design faculty for her academic performance and classroom leadership.
Winds of Change magazine has again named Bemidji State University one of the top 200 colleges in the nation for Native American students. BSU has made the list each year since 2008.
11/25/2015 | Football, Women's Cross Country, Women's Soccer, Volleyball, Athletics Bemidji State lands 23 on Academic All-NSIC team
11/25/2015 | Men's Basketball Beavers Men's Basketball opens NSIC schedule at Golden Eagles
11/25/2015 | Women's Basketball Women's Hoops travels to Minnesota Crookston for NSIC opener
11/25/2015 | Men's Basketball Beavers drop first game of 2015-16 to Concordia-St. Paul, 80-70
11/25/2015 | Women's Basketball Beavers improve to 4-0 with 83-44 win over Northland
11/24/2015 | Men's Ice Hockey Beavers travel to Huntsville for rare Wednesday-Friday WCHA series
11/23/2015 | Women's Basketball Pelzer selected NSIC North Division Player of the Week
11/23/2015 | Men's Basketball Men's Hoops hosts Concordia-St. Paul for final non-conference tiltMore Athletics News & Schedules »
- Members of Bemidji State’s Girls Who Code Club Meet Chelsea Clinton in St. Paul
- Butch Holden Reflects Optimism Through Ceramic and Print Work
- What Happens When Communities Are Moved to Make Room for Wildlife?
- CJ Junior Wins Scholarship to Attend Emergency Managers’ Conference
- Sociology Professor Explores India’s Bollywood Film Industry
- TAD Professor Takes Fantastic Voyage to Explore Materials at Nanoscale
- Exploring Management Issues Impacting America’s Aquatic Ecosystems
- Megan Zothman Named Chief Human Resource Officer
- Medieval Club Presents Annual Halloween Event
BSU in the Media
- Bemidji Pioneer: Red Lake teens, BSU programmer to meet with Chelsea Clinton
- Bemidji Pioneer: BSU students host homelessness awareness dinner
- Lakeland Public TV: Bemidji State University hosts Sign Language Workshop
- Ojibwe professor Anton Treuer discusses Native American oppression during a talk at Ohio University
- Red Lake Nation News: Warrior Nation: A History of the Red Lake Ojibwe By Anton Treuer
More in the News Archive »