The Office of Communications and Marketing uses multimedia reporting and media relations to share the stories of BSU and its students, faculty, staff and alumni. You can help by submitting a story, or just give us a friendly retweet!
Bemidji State University President Richard A. Hanson challenged nearly 500 students at a campus-wide gathering Thursday to confront the dangers of alcohol abuse, and they shared their ideas for improving safety and promoting responsible behavior.Keep reading »
Dr. Richard A. Hanson, president of Bemidji State University and Northwest Technical College, issued the following message to the faculties and staffs at both campuses today regarding Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton’s recommendations for the state’s FY2016-17 budget. Dayton’s proposal does not include the system’s request for supplemental funding.
Dr. Marty J. Wolf, a professor of computer science at Bemidji State University, explores the ethical considerations surrounding not only the latest wave of augmented-reality devices such as Google Glass, but what future versions of this technology might hold, as part of BSU’s Honors Council Lecture Series.
After a year-long redesign and construction effort, Bemidji State University is unveiling its new Talley Gallery with an exhibition by local artist Jennifer Nelson.
Registered nurses in northwest Minnesota seeking to continue their educations can now pursue a bachelor’s degree in nursing from Bemidji State University at Northland Community and Technical College’s campus in East Grand Forks, Minn.
1/31/2015 | Men's Ice Hockey BSU extends winning streak with 5-2 victory over (6) Bowling Green
1/31/2015 | Men's Basketball Beavers fall short in battle at Winona State, 75-68
1/31/2015 | Women's Basketball Beavers fall in last seconds to Winona State, 65-63
1/30/2015 | Football Bemidji State football to host Signing Day social
1/29/2015 | Softball BSU Softball to host Bowling with the Beavers event Feb. 7
1/29/2015 | Women's Track & Field Bemidji State to compete at Cobber Duals
1/29/2015 | Men's Ice Hockey Bemidji State slides back into WCHA play with No. 6 Bowling Green
1/29/2015 | Baseball Bemidji State baseball picked ninth in NSIC preseason pollMore Athletics News & Schedules »
- BSU students receive Graduate Mini-Grants
- MnSCU honors BSU VP Maki with Chancellor’s Award
- Bailey-Johnson Makes Prairie Business’ 40-Under-40 List
- Exploring how advance care plans impact health care
- Gallery – BSU Summit on Alcohol and Student Safety
- Memorial Hall Renovation Project On Track for June Debut
- Professor Explores Cultural Standards for Education Curricula
- Get Free Tax Help From BSU Students, Starting Feb. 5
- Bemidji State Launches Unique Graduate Program in Camp Nursing
BSU in the Media
- BSU professor brings Ojibwe language, culture through school’s loudspeakers
- Bemidji State University STEM Scholarships – Lakeland News at Ten
- BSU’s John Gonzalez guiding strategic planning efforts for White Earth Nation (PDF download)
- Patrick Guilfoile: Why we keep scratching that itch
- College roommates share birthday wishes
More in the News Archive »