The Office of Communications and Marketing uses multimedia reporting and media relations to share the stories of BSU and its students, faculty, staff and alumni. You can help by submitting a story, or just give us a friendly retweet!
After my first seven eventful weeks as the new president of Bemidji State University and Northwest Technical College, this past Friday felt like a whole new beginning. It was Move-In Day at BSU, and a crowd of new freshmen were arriving at our residence halls with boxes in their arms and dreams in their hearts.
Keep reading »
Ten Bemidji State University professors have received tenure, and a total of 16 faculty promotions have been announced for the 2016-17 academic year. Of the promotions, eight are to full professor.
Bemidji State University’s Community Appreciation Day, an annual event to thank the residents of Bemidji and the surrounding communities for their support of the university, is set for Sept. 1 in conjunction with the football team’s season opener.
Dr. Faith Hensrud, president of Bemidji State University and Northwest Technical College, held her first meeting with the presidents of the region’s four tribal colleges at the American Indian Resource Center.
Red Lake, Minn., artist Wesley May has painted a mural in the student lounge of Bemidji State University’s American Indian Resource Center.
- Professors Earn Tenure, Promotions for 2016-17 Academic Year
- President Hensrud: Moving Forward With a Focus on Student Success
- President Hensrud Meets With Presidents of Four Area Tribal Colleges
- Local Artist Wesley May Paints Mural in American Indian Resource Center
- BSU’s Traditional Convocation Ceremony Welcomes New Students to Campus
- More Than 740 Freshmen Move Into Residence Halls on Move-In Day
- Orientation Weekend, Aug. 19-21, Marks Official Start of 2016-17 Academic Year
- Beaver Fever: 2016 Education Cup Champions
- Wesley May AIRC Mural Photos
BSU in the Media
- Building bridges: New BSU/NTC President Faith Hensrud making connections with community
- Bemidji Pioneer: Otto on U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame team
- Brainerd Dispatch: The day Minnesota saved the country
- Prairie Business: Bemidji officials introduce charging station tech for electric car owners
- DefenceWeb: AFRICOM welcomes new commander
More in the News Archive »